Beginning May 21, 2021, arts-related small businesses and nonprofit organizations in the Fourth District can apply for the District Four Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program.
The Program will provide support to arts-related small businesses and nonprofit organizations that suffered negative impacts due to COVID-19, by providing $5,000 awards to qualifying applicants. Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Awardees will be reimbursed for eligible expenses incurred from March 3, 2021-present (as long as other relief program funds were not received for the same expense).
An applicant may select one of two general categories to be considered for grant funds:
- Category 1 - Decline in Revenue: Economic impact due to COVID-19 public health emergency caused a 25% decline in revenues for the most recent quarter, when compared to a reference quarter that occurred prior to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Category 2 - COVID-19 Prevention: Grant assistance due to a need to implement COVID-19 prevention or mitigation tactics to adopt safer opening procedures.
- Arts-related businesses and nonprofits must be located in the Fourth District, which includes the cities of Anaheim (portion,) Brea, Buena Park (portion,) Fullerton La Habra, and unincorporated communities.
- Must have no more than 20 employees (FTE).
- Must be a for-profit business or nonprofit organization 501 (c)(3), 501 (c)(6), or 501 (c)(19). For example: visual arts, music, dance, theater, and/or drama with an education component for those under the age of 18 (children’s theater group, dance instruction, music education/ lessons, painting, puppetry, pottery, movie making, performing arts, storytelling, mosaic, silk screen, costuming).
- Applicant must have been in operation on February 15, 2020, has not permanently closed.
- Home based businesses are eligible (home mortgage or rent are not permissible expenses).
- Independent contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, but funds cannot be used for salary of the owner, lost profits or lost income.
- Main place of business must be in Orange County, located within the District 4 geographical boundaries.
- Applicant must have and provide a DUNS number at time of application.
- Applicant must be willing to attest to a statement verifying that the award was used as a response to a negative economic impact of the COVID-19 public health emergency and applicants will be required to return any funds determined to be spent on ineligible expenses by COUNTY.
- Applicant must be willing to attest under penalty of perjury to a statement verifying they are and have been in compliance with all local, state and federal Covid-19 guidelines and orders.
- Funds cannot be used for tax revenue replacement, loan payments or overtime.
- Businesses or nonprofit organizations must be eligible to receive federal funding.
For more information, please see the flyers below and visit https://charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd4.
If you have questions, please call (714) 597-6630 X134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.