Apply for the County's Emergency Rental Assistance Program starting February 1 through February 28. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program will provide up to $10,000 in financial assistance to rental households in Orange County, excluding renters in Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Irvine who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Households who are eligible to apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance program include:
- Rental Households living in Orange County, excluding the cities of Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Irvine because rental households in these three cities can apply for city-run programs.
- Rental households who can provide documentation to demonstrate their housing is at risk due to unpaid rent or utility bills, resulting from a loss of employment or reduction of income due to COVID-19.
- Rental Households who have past due rents or utility bills and home energy costs. Does not include past due internet or telephone bills.
- The household’s income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
- The households cannot be receiving federal rental subsidies or receiving assistance from other rental programs.
- To learn more about eligibility criteria, call 2-1-1; text ERA to 898211; or visit: https://era.211oc.org/.
Please see the flyers below for more information.