Beginning February 16th at 9:00 AM, eligible small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 may apply for the Fourth District Small Business Grant Relief Program at https://charitableventuresoc.org/reliefd4.
The Fourth District program includes the cities of Brea, Fullerton, La Habra, portions of Buena Park, and the unincorporated areas. The program excludes the cities of Anaheim and Placentia as those cities are running their own programs. For more information on the City of Anaheim's program, go to https://anaheim.net/5470/Business-Loans-and-Grants. For more information on the City of Placentia's program, go to http://www.placentia.org/922/4th-District-Small-Business-Grant-Relief.
Grant size will be $5,000 and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. Awardees will be reimbursed for expenses incurred from November 2020 until the present (as long as other relief program funds were not received to cover the same expense). Business owners with multiple businesses are only eligible for one award.
*In order to qualify, businesses or non-profit organizations must be eligible to receive federal funding.
Businesses and non-profits must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Small businesses and non-profits must have no more than 25 employees (FTE)
- Must be a for-profit business* or non-profit organization* 501 (c) (3), 501 (c)(6) or 501 (c)(19)
- Home based businesses are eligible (home mortgage or owner’s salary are not permissible expenses)
- Independent contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, however, funds cannot be used for personal salaries, lost profit, or lost income
- Main place of business must be in Orange County, located in District 4, excluding Anaheim and Placentia (view map)
- Applicant must have and provide a DUNS number at time of application. To apply for a new DUNS or to look up an existing one, visit www.dnb.com/duns-number.html
- Applicant must be willing to attest to a statement verifying grant award was used for cost necessary due to impacts associated with COVID-19
- Applicant must be willing to attest under penalty of perjury to a statement verifying they are and have been in compliance with all local, state and federal Covid-19 guidelines and orders
- Funds can’t be used for tax revenue replacement, loan payments or overtime